Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Photo Booth Photo Album

We had a lot of issues with the photo booth that we rented for my stepdaughter's wedding. I wont go into all the details but there was a ton of editing that I had to do on the photos that were printed from the photo booth to be able to use them. 

I knew that I wanted to make a photo album with the strips that were printed from the photo booth but I wasn't sure what kind of photo album I wanted to buy.  I couldn't find an album anywhere specifically for 2x6 photo booth strips. The larger sized photo albums didn't make sense to me because the photo strips are so small and I didn't want a lot of wasted space. I began to search for 6x6 photo albums. I figured I could fit three strips on each side so each page would hold six photo strips. I finally found what I was looking for at Hobby Lobby. 


Unfortunately the only solid color the photo album came in was black. I decided I was going to paint the album green, as close to their wedding colors as possible. 

This is the album, front and back, inside and outside after painting it green.

Since I was not as careful as I should have been painting the album I got green paint all over the white liner on the inside covers of the album so I painted the inside completely green as well. To cover this up I decided to print Strike a Pose...Say Cheese...Smile Pretty or Pucker Up...Anything Goes, over and over again on white glossy paper and attach it on the front and back inside covers as a liner. 
Inside front cover-
Inside back cover-
The album came with 10 post bound pages. I order two additional packages of 5 pages just in case I messed anything up. I planned on using my Fuse by We R Memory Keepers to seal the photos in the pages. I never really used my Fuse so I wasn't sure how it would 
turn out.    













After ruining two pages from the album trying to seal the pages, I became a pro at using the Fuse. The pages came out really cute.

The outside was too plain for me.

Front
Back
So I used my Spellbinders and Cuttlebug and cut two frames out of Chipboard. I wanted it to have some dimension so I glued them together and then painted them green to match the album. 
Inside of the frame I inserted Amanda & Mike's Wedding Photo Booth April 22, 2017, which I also printed on the same glossy paper I used for the inside liner.  I then attached the frame and label on the front of the album. 
Front view fully assembled
Side view fully assembled

I love the finished product.  

No comments: