Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baby Shower

I cannot believe how much time has passed since my last post.  I'm finally going to post the other stuff I made for the baby shower.

This is a little bucket I bought in the dollar section of Target.  When I saw them I figured I could use them for something for the baby  shower.  
I originally bought 4 buckets but while I was trying to figure out how I wanted to decorate them I destroyed one.
I changed the ribbon color and stamped and embossed the hand prints and footprints on velum, ran them through my Xyron and stuck them to the bucket. I cut the onsie from the Cricut New Arrival cartridge, and then stamped and embossed the name Liam on it.  I also bought one large wood dowel that I cut into four equal parts and wrapped them in the same blue ribbon as the bow. I finished it off with shredding some of the paper that I used for the onsie and used it to cover a foam square that I put in each bucket to hold the wooden dowel in place. I used the buckets as centerpieces.
For favors I made chocolate covered oreo cookies in dark blue chocolate and then decorated them with different edible sugar decorations. I put them into individual bags and made toppers matching the ongoing theme of light and dark blue and baby hand and footprints. 
These are close ups...
and the final item for the baby shower was of course a diaper cake.  Here it is completely naked...
I went back and forth about the color scheme for the diaper cake. I went with the jungle/safari theme because that is the how the mom-to-be is decorating the nursery.
Here is the diaper cake all dressed up, side 1...
side 2...
side 3...
side 4...
This is the largest diaper cake I have ever made. It was 5 tiers and a total of 287 diapers. Usually I buy so much stuff for the cake I have lots of stuff left over, not this time. In fact, I had empty spaces so I cut animals out on my cricut that matched the cake to help fill in the gaps. 
and here it is all wrapped up.

No comments: