Saturday, September 24, 2016

Save The Date

My boyfriends daughter is getting married in April and she asked me to help her with her save the dates. She wasn't sure exactly what she wanted so I made a few different styles. 

First was the library pocket card. I cut the pocket and the words, Save the Date out on my Silver Bullet Cutter. I thought the pocket needed a little something so I designed the circle with the Bride & Grooms names, hearts, wedding date and wedding cake in word. I wanted it to look like a stamp. I designed the card portion on excel and ran it through my Xyron to laminate the front and make the back a magnet. 

This is what the card  looks like inside the pocket.
Next was a ticket. The bride-to-be and her fiance are both huge Jets fans so I designed a ticket to look like a NY Jets themed ticket. This save the date was my favorite. If she had chosen this style it would have been a magnet as well run through the Xyron.
In addition to the bride-to-be and her fiance being football fans they are also huge wrestling fans. She thought a save the date that resembled a wrestling poster would be cute. I designed these three styles:


They weren't crazy about any of those so I came up with one more idea. I designed a spinner card. I made the spinner chalkboard themed, which I think is really cute, and it allows you the freedom to work with a several different fonts. I designed the save the date in Publisher, and used Sure Cuts Alot to Print and Cut on my Silver Bullet Cutter. 

This is the front:
This is the center, the spinner:
This is the back:
This is the spinner assembled with the four different photos showing through the circular whole in the front:



The spinner save the date is the style they liked the most so they went with this one. It took 180 sheets of card stock to make 60 save the dates. I printed them on my new favorite laser printer. I got the HP Color Laser Jet Enterprise M553n. I bought and returned five other printers before I found this one. My only complaint about this printer is that it's not wireless. 

I think all the different save the dates I made came out really cute. 

No comments: