Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I made this box for Saint Patrick's Day. I think I got the pattern from Splitcoaststampers, but I don't remember. I used Spellbinders for the circle and round scallops on the top, and the ovals and oval scallops around Happy St. Patrick's Day on the bottom.

Here is a close up of the top. The bear is a rubber stamp from Darcie that I colored in with Prismsacolor pencils, and  I embellished the shamrock with Stickles. I found both the shamrock paper and green paper in Michaels. The green paper is actually double sided so you get both the dark, and light green.
Here is a close up of the bear. I think he is really cute. I actually used the same stamp and made pins for my daughter and I to wear on St. Patrick's Day. I just stamped the image several times onto cardstock to make it sturdy, and then after coloring in the top image I used Modge Podge with gloss finish to seal it, and put a pin on the back.

close up of the computer generated greeting...
and then I made a Post-it Note holder that also holds a mini gel pen, and I got the instructions from: 
I used Bazzil Bling for this, and I added stickles to the shamrock button. I got the mini gel pen from a pack in Target's $1.00 section, and that is also where I found the note pad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea! Just beautiful, as always, my friend :0)